Thursday, January 20, 2011

Dream a Little

Accomplishment and productivity. Two things I am really experiencing this week. I am a procrastinator, by nature. I have the best intentions, but get easily sidetracked. So, when I planned on shutting my etsy shop down this week, hiding away in the studio, decorating, painting, catching up on orders, etc., I knew that maybe half of that would get done. I was wrong. So wrong. I don't know what person I have become this week, but I really like her! And I must thank my wonderful team, as well.

So much has been accomplished this week. I'm so, so excited about the grand opening. When I set out, brainstorming and thinking of how I wanted the Dainty Button Studio to look, I had a "mental picture". As it's coming together, it's so much more than my "mental picture". I've been buying decorations and furniture for over the past month and creating my ideas, blogging about them, posting them, blah, blah. This week, as I've picked up furniture and had it delivered, seen families in my church lending a helping hand, see my friends and family's support and sharing the excitement with me, I realize it's now more than just ideas and brainstorming. It's actually REAL. Working in a public job setting and for others, you appreciate your work environment, to a certain degree. You might complain about the choice of plants, the paint color, the music that plays on the radio, etc. The fun part about creating your own work environment is it's exactly how you want it. As everything is coming together wonderfully, I get a little emotional thinking that this is something that I've worked very hard at. It shows accomplishment and success. Something to be proud of. 

I can't believe that in a week's time, I'll be celebrating my lil' business' grand opening. I can't help but feel a little proud of myself. As my friends and others share success as they start marriages and families of their own, this is my success. I'm not at all knocking marriage or children. There's a special time and place for everybody, in that regard. For me, that time isn't here yet. And it's taken me awhile to come to terms with that. Starting this business this past year has brought me to peace with so many things in life and that God has a special plan for everybody. In His time. So, in the meantime, I'm living out my life and success, because it's His time and plan for my present (Lord knows, I won't have this kind of time when I have a family of my own) and I'm so happy to be able to share it with you. Enjoy the progress! More is coming...

Charity @ Dainty Button

~xoxo


Not completed just yet. But gives you a little idea. Loving the green against that pretty pink. All of the knobs will be replaced with faux crystal one's. My mom was upset that I took my dress form to my studio. She has become quite attached to it in her living room. Hmmm, maybe something to think about for her birthday or Mothers Day?


I sorted through my fabrics and separated them by prints and solids. 


Headbands. An endless supply of them...



That beautiful shabby white buffet table cabinet has been put to good use. Knits, wools and felts.



All of the large quantity fabric has been bolted. The cabinets where they'll be shelved are not complete yet, but they're all ready when they're finished. Thanks to some of my favorite fabric stores for giving me their recycled bolts.


It's still a work in progress and definitely not done yet. My desk, among other things still has to be complete but it sure looks better than the "before". I'm really excited to share my shipping and cutting tables and the accident that became one of the best features of the studio, along with the cabinets that are being painted tomorrow.

To be continued...

4 comments: