Sunday, January 2, 2011

China, Doors and the $1,000 Chandelier

I had no idea what a Capiz Shell Chandelier was until after I purchased "Lady" (previous post). It was a craigslist find. I'm pretty up to speed with designer labels. For clothes, shoes, handbags and cars, that is. I have never bought a chandelier. Until now. So, I had no idea "Lady" happens to be a very expensive chandelier. Go figure. I just thought it was so pretty. It wasn't until after I picked her up and a friend text me asking me if I had any idea what I had bought. Why of course. A very pretty chandelier for my studio. Pretty, alright! I snagged a $1,000 chandelier for $40. Talk about a bargain! Either one or two things. The man who sold it has no idea how much it's worth or is a complete moron for letting me walk away with such a beauty for nothing. Either way, he's not very smart. 


I walked away with "Lady" and found "Victoria". 



This is definitely not as expensive, but I'm loving it! As soon as my mom and I picked up "Lady", we visited a local craft store and look what was waiting for me. A hanging candelabra chandelier, channeling a very cool shabby chic look. I'm thinking deep cranberry candles for this lil' beauty. My plans for this piece is right in the middle of my studio, hanging fairly low, but not low enough, where people are beheaded by it. I'm not too worried about myself, considering I'm 5'2. I'm in the process of looking for a round coffee table, which the color of choice has yet to be decided. A little something like this...


I'm not too fond of how it folds down, but a solid piece would be awesome. My plan is to have a vase of fresh flowers, fashion magazines and a couple old books. On days I'm expecting visitors or clientele, I figure a glass pitcher of water with mint leaves or orange slices would be nice. And "Victoria" will hang prettily above.

I posted a picture of the birdcage I found on craigslist in a previous post, but unfortunately it didn't work out. It just wasn't what I was expecting. I was bummed about this and finding an antique, shabby chic looking birdcage is a bit difficult. Until I found this...


I can't think of anything prettier. I'm still contemplating where I'll be using this. I'd like to hang it from the ceiling or even on a hook from the side of the wall. Still playing around with ideas. 

My last find of the day was seriously the best find I have ever found (that's alot of "finds" in the same sentence). I have always wanted this particular piece, but didn't feel like making my own and had no clue where to begin searching for one. And of course, it's usually when you're not expecting it, it's there. And so, that's how I found this magnificent, fabulous and incredible piece.


I still squeal when I see it! The totally awesome thing about this piece is it's an old door imported from China. I found it a little neat, considering my dad does alot of missionary work in China and I live in a city where Chinese is the majority. I'm thinking this will look darling against the "bridal rose" wall. What's even more awesome is I can take this with me on trunk shows and shows. It's fairly lightweight and it does wonders for a display.

My new finds. I pick up a few more tomorrow and I'm still in a big search for more cabinets, even dressers. We still haven't had a chance to start painting. Ahhh. Let's hope we can get this underway within the next two days. January 15th is approaching quickly. 

Until next post, enjoy!

xoxo
Charity @ Dainty Button


33 comments:

  1. All I can do is 'gasp' about Lady! Kudos to you on that great find! Especially love the door too! Glad you're having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fun to go treasure hunting!!! Congrats on all the wonderful finds!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy ur finding all the stuff ur looking for and more!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Such amazing pieces - God is on your side! I can't wait to see your finished studio! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE both of the chandeliers! And wow what a steal for "Lady"!! I also LOVE the door! It would be pretty suspended from the ceiling or as a desk top with a piece of glass on top of it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I cant wait for Lady to be hung above your soon to be found coffee table!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl creating a table like that would be a cinch! Check out the thrift stores then paint away! The mommyin me would get glass cut for the top so that fab pitcher of mint water doest ruin the table! Ha loving the blog....good job! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all your finds!!! Everything is going to look fab! The door you found is awesome!!! Can't wait to see it all when you have everything painted. No doubt it will be great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Beautiful finds! Cant wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the door!!!! It's gonna be a great addition!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Lady is stunning! Your studio is going to be beautiful! I'm thinking you should make a headband inspired by the colors/style of your studio... pink, green with a trouch of blue or ivory... silk/satin... it would be beautiful!

    kmblakey@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Thank the Lord!! It is always so neat when God gives us a special blessing & we don't even know it till later!

    ReplyDelete
  13. amazing finds:-) love em all!

    weiland 18 @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. all great finds, but I like archetectial peices best....hands down the door wins! Great "hunting"!

    ReplyDelete
  15. absolutely LUV that door "find"...and the chandeliers are to die for...
    I have no doubt you will find everything you are looking for and then some...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous stuff!!! Can't wait to see the finished room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. when ever i make a trip up north ill deff have to make a stop at your shop.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all the piece you are finding and am anxious to see how try all come together! Keep up tjr good work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have made some awesome finds! Would love to be able to come to San Fran to see your studio!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great finds!

    The studio is going to be so rad.

    Proud/happy for you!

    BKN

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am so happy for you! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE the stuff. Oh ma word girl.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love it! Can't wait to see the finished product! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. How exciting!! I LOVE the door!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your studio plans are simply marvelous! Cant wait to see all completed!

    ReplyDelete