Monday, January 10, 2011

Bridal Rose but No Bride and No Rose

I write this blog entry, completely exhausted, but extremely excited and feeling productive. This makes for a very weird feeling. Delirious, maybe. If there are a million typo's and nothing but jibber jabber, please ignore it. My day began at 6 am. I actually overslept. It was supposed to begin at 4 am. I know, I know. Ridiculous. But if you saw my list of "to do's", you'd understand why. The first part of my day was spent packaging, printing shipping labels and the post office. The second half of my day was spent on paperwork, emails and orders. The last half of my day was spent...

painting!!

 I finally got the painting done! Well, the walls. I almost postponed it for later this week, after a lil' kink in my schedule threw the day for a loophole. That kink happened to be me running out of gas and having to be pushed through an intersection. I always thought that would be embarrassing. I was absolutely correct. But my wonderful team insisted we get it done and I would be panicking, stressing out and running around in a frenzy if I postponed. They're awesome, I know! And so, I bit the bullet and did it. And I'm so happy I did. I feel alot better about the "extreme makeover" progress. 

I, personally, am not a painter. My last experience in painting was my bedroom a few years ago and I don't remember anything. I knew the supplies to buy at my Home Depot trip a couple weeks ago, but that's it. One of my assistants came in today and asked if I knew how much prep was involved. Her husband paints for a living. I acted like I knew, but honestly. I had no idea. I think she knew, but didn't want to tell me. And so, I learned tonight. We should've started at like, 1:00, prepping. Dear Lord! It's such a process. Not to mention, I didn't even think of a ladder. I'm 5'2. My assistant is like 3 feet. Not really, but close enough. I'm not sure where my head was? Thank God for nice janitors that work late and let you use the office ladder.


(We look so organized.)

My other assistant's family used to paint for a living. She saved the night! I don't even want to think of how it would've turned out, if she hadn't have been there. I think the walls would've looked like a pink zebra. I have a pretty steady hand, so guess what I got the job of?

(Taping)

Might, I add that taping is so boring. And FYI: Don't ever wear a nice pair of rider boots, while painting. They now look like Valentine's Day. Pink on red. Cute. Speaking of pink. I cannot quit bragging about the choice of pink. I was so worried about the color because it was not the "Tea Rose" I had chosen at the beginning of the planning process. If you're following my blog, you might remember that I chose "Bridal Rose" because I was not aware you could customize your color at Home Depot. See, I don't like that place. I have to say, I am happier with "Bridal Rose" than "Tea Rose". When the first swipe was brushed on, I screamed. Perfection. The absolutely perfect pink I want for the theme I'm going with.




Is that not perfect? I was a little concerned about how pink it would be. Too much pink can be gross. I personally think this is a great vintage pink. It's feminine, soft, romantic and subtle. Perfect.


I also, got the job of painting the trim. I'll admit, I'm pretty good at this. God blessed me with a steady hand. I was so concerned about getting paint on the other walls, door jams, outlets or carpet. It's funny how much you really care when you're paying the rent. Ha! Success! We walked away, "oops" free.



The finished product! I'll be able to have a much better shot in sunlight. Also, when it doesn't look like a tornado hit the place.




I cannot wait to start working on everything else. The next phase is sanding, stripping, painting and beating up wood tables. I'm planning on doing this task on a frustration day. I figure it could be good therapy. And so, until next time, enjoy!

Charity @ Dainty Button

~ xoxo 



28 comments:

  1. Super cute!!! I'm so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! We are tearing down a wall tomorrow to start our journey. I should blog my progress too. You make it look so fun! Would love to put some of your headbands in our shop...do you do wholesale?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! And wow what a job...I know how hard painting is from my own horror story. But in the end it's always worth it to be surrounded by color that makes you happy. Always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the color choice! I HATE to paint. My kitchen has has a paint swatch up for oh about a year now waiting to be painted, I just cringe when thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies! I'm really excited about all this. It actually hit me tonight as I was painting. Tiffany, yes I do wholesale : ) I'll message you? Maybe that's a better way of communicating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that color! So girly and totally fits in with your theme! :) Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see the.finished product..do exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The color turned out great!!! You are right about the pink, too much can def make you wanna vomit. NEVER wear good clothes doing any messy job, unfortunately it is hard to do work in style =) I cannot wait to see everything set up...you have me wanting to finish painting and distressing my bedroom furniture and go paint canvases LOL! My poor hubby would love you for that (sarcasm) hahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEAUTIFUL pink!!! Great choice :) Yeah...painting is a PAIN. I've painted and repainted the entire inside of my house over the last 8 years....I always dread it, but love the finished product! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not a "squealy" kind of girl, but seeing that pink go up made me want to squeal! Your studio is going to be amazing! Can't wait to see you in person in Stockton. =~)

    ReplyDelete
  11. ~ Great job! I'm the world's messiest painter. No matter how hard I try, I make giant messes. While painting our bathroom I got paint on my Coach purse,which wasn't even close by. However, I found a little product at Micheal's Craft Store called Grandma's Secret Formula and it got the dried paint off my purse (as well as the paint my son got on his jammies and a few other places) Check it out! It may save your boots!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pink does look good...yes there is lots of prepping and it's exhausting but when u see it all finished .... It was worth it....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love Love Love the color! Excited to see the finished product! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that pink , Im having a hard time picking a shade of pink . too many to choose from and then i didnt know their was so many brands and not all make all the same color. its so hard to choose i like the quality valsper but they dont have many shades to choose , and glidden has great ones too but not the perfect one. and i want two different colors and they suggested it should be from the same brand but i cant seem to even decide .
    lucky for you. great color beautiful for Dainty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Look at you in your boots, denim and plaid painting like a professional ;P I wanted to wish you a belated Happy Birthday as well girl. Somehow I missed a lot with that week away! I hope it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never painted either but I love that you did it yourself eventhough you lacked eperience. That do it yourself attitude is what got you so far. The room look great! The prices of re puzzle are finally coming together!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks wonderful! I can totally empathize with you on painting trim. I am also one of those "blessed" people who has a good eye & a steady hand! I am excited for you progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow girl, you did awsome ! I am not blessed with a steady hand so I believe there would have been many oops moments :/ Sorry about your boots, hope they weren't your favorites !

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice! It's soo pretty! I'm sure it feels great to have conqurered that milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The color is perfect! I hope you find a new pair of boots!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a day!! Glad you were able to accomplish all of that!! Love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW! Good work! You're a brave woman going for the pink, I'd be hesitant but I know once you have all the furniture and everything in there it will really balance it all out! CAN'T WAIT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great job!!! I am no painter :( My husband refuses to let me do it lol. I can't wait to see everything in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! Can't wait to see the finished look! Maybe you should consider becoming an interior decorator!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm hoping JM caught the whole "pushing your car through the intersection" experience on video.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you everyone! I was able to clean my boots! Thanks to the wonderful suggestion of "Grandma's Secret Formula" by Carrie M. : ) I'm glad you guys like the color too!

    ReplyDelete