Friday, March 25, 2011

Inventory

There is one thing I absolutely hate in running a business. And that's inventory. I'd rather have a root canal. Ok, actually I wouldn't. But, it's safe to say, I really hate it. And it's that time. I keep a pretty good inventory on a consistent basis but there is that inventory where you must go in and count every single, little thing. Even down to thread and glue sticks. Ugh! Anybody want to come help? : )

This post is not really all about inventory, although it sorta is? There's a point to this, though. A method to my madness, so to speak. My accountant visited my shop and was really surprised and overwhelmed at my inventory. Basically, I have way too much. And I hate to say this, but she's right. I have way too much inventory. About 60% is sold on a consistent basis and well, the rest isn't. I love to design, create and introduce new pieces but I also, must have a balance and stay consistent. So, that being said. It's "sayonara" time. To my dismay, I must part with some inventory. This might make me sound like a "french fry short of a happy meal", but I grow attached to my accessory pieces. Everybody always talks about my names for each piece and where I find them. I make up a lot of them. Some are picked from a favorite song, movie, broadway, etc. And once they're named, the attachment begins. I know, a bit weird. So, parting with some of these makes me feel a lil' bum'ish, but it is what it is. 

I decided to share the pieces that will be discontinued with you, for the sake of, if you've been eyeing one of them, you'll have a chance to snag one before they're gone. Below are the items that will no longer be available after this weekend. 

Any questions, you can contact us at daintybutton@yahoo.com.

Thanks, friends!

So long, farewell...

Emerald Isle

Annabelle

Starlet

Marilyn Monroe

Carnival Carrie's Spring Showers

Bahama Spring

Pretty in Pink

Frenchy

Coral Bloom

Irish Luck

Bella Bloom

Tutti Fruity Bloom

Hootie Hoo

Peachy

Wicked

Lil' Spring Fling


I will keep these in my shop throughout the weekend. After this weekend, I'll be unlisting all of the above pieces. Happy Friday, everyone!

Charity
@
Dainty Button















No comments:

Post a Comment