Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Collection Launch

Well, after much procrastination, I have finally decided to test the waters into two areas that I'm learning quite a bit about. Weddings and swimwear. What a combo, right? Over the past year and a half, I've tested the waters with different ideas. Some have been wonderful, others have been a dead end road. The bottom line is, you can't do everything. I'd love to say I'm Martha Stewart, but well, I was taught lying is a sin. 

I, honestly don't know where this road will take me. I hope far, but we shall see. Over a year ago, I started brainstorming and creating ideas for weddings. I've never been married, don't have plans on getting married any time soon, but I am a girl and let's be honest, girls, regardless what age you are, daydream. I started creating this collection with what I like in mind. If I were to get engaged tomorrow and set down to plan a wedding, I would give you at least 5 different themes, ideas and color schemes. So, when I started working on this collection, over a year ago, I brought different ideas to the table. You'll find in this collection, a lot of vintage, which I'm a huge fan of. Very feminine, soft, traditional and romantic pieces. Of course, there's those brides that don't like traditional and I'm slowly working those ideas into the collection. This is testing the waters, after 60% of my time, the last few months, has been working with wedding parties. Something I didn't plan, but it just happened. I have to admit, I love it! 

Saturday, a wonderful model (Emily Wilder) devoted her afternoon to lending a hand in modeling a few bridal pieces. It was fun and...interesting. It turned out to be a beautiful day, the beach was crowded and she was such a trooper changing into our vintage Vera Wang gown, on loan from my wonderful, dear friend, Deana of So What Industries, behind a linen sheet. Oh boy! My brother, Jon-Marc, did my photography and did such a fabulous job! I'm so proud of him! 

This collection, Happily Ever After, will be available for purchase this afternoon in my etsy shop, http://www.etsy.com/shop/DaintyButton?ref=si_shop. My original intent was links to each piece, but honestly, this task takes forever and I've postponed launching this collection, almost 2 weeks now, so I will wait no further and let you see the collections : )

Introducing...

Happily Ever After
The Wedding Collection


For the Bride...


Love Me Tender




Vintage Kiss






Going to the Chapel





Something Blue






Wedding Song





Princess Bride



My Fair Lady
Handmade with over 30 ivory dupioni silk rosettes (new), a touch of blue birdcage (something blue), strand of pearls (borrowed) and grandmother's vintage lace (something old).



The Wedding Shoe



Lace Gloves
(Available in different styles and colors)



Lovely Legs




For the Wedding Party...

Lady in Waiting
(Hair combs for the bridesmaids. Will be available in different colors.)



Sweet Kiss
(Pomander Flower Ball)




Love for All Seasons
(Pomander Flower Ball)




Blushing Bride
(Pomander Flower Ball)



My Boys
(Available in multiple colors, patterns and can be customized, according to wedding color scheme.)


Happily Ever After
Favor Bags
(One of a kind hand stamped bags for your guests. Comes in package of 25 bags.)



Party Poppers
(Tiny pendants, each guest wears at reception, to celebrate your special day. Available in bags of 50.)


All this makes me want to get married. Wait, did I say that? : )

Well, from one extreme to the next, right? If you're a bride and tropical honeymooning, I guess these two collections, could go hand in hand. Ha! 



The Swimwear Collection...

I mentioned in a previous blog that a friend and I were brainstorming on the way back from a business trip a few weeks ago. Well, this is where the brainstorming took us...

PS. PLEASE read descriptions and details, following the photo gallery. 

Cabana Girl
(Adult and Child)








Little Black Number
(Adult and Children)





Sailor Suit
(Adult and Children)





Cover it Up...

Bamboo Sarong





Moroccan Sarong



Watercolor Sarong


Details on Swimwear Collection:

Our Swimwear Collection will go on sale, for PRE-ORDER, this evening in our etsy shop. We are featuring a special promo, when you PRE-ORDER your item(s) of choice, beginning this evening, until next Wednesday morning. Our discount will be listed in our etsy shop, this evening, when our collection is added. Please allow 3-4 weeks, to ship. 

Sizes available in adult:

X-Small (0-2)
Small (4-6)
Medium (8-10)
Large (10-12)

Sizes available in children:

Newborn (0-3 months)
Infant (3-6 months, 6-9 months, 9-12 months)
Toddler (1-3 year)
Child (4 to 8 years)
Pre-Teen (9 to 12)

Further details on sizing will be available in listing, when you purchase. Also, please note:

Cabana Girls (One Size Run, Adult and Child)
Sailor Suit (Two Size Runs, Adult and Child)

If you have any questions regarding how to order, the pricing, sizing, etc. please feel free to email us at:

daintybutton@yahoo.com

Join us tomorrow morning at 10 AM (PST) on facebook, as we kick off our new collections, with some fun giveaways!

And that, my dear friends, is a wrap!

Charity @ Dainty Button
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment