Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Sad Shoe Story

Hello, everyone! Hope you are doing great and enjoyed your holiday weekend! I would've never guessed it was the first holiday of the summer, considering our weather this week. I feel like I've stepped back into January. Weird!

Well, this post is a little late in the making. I have struggled with this decision for about a month, now. It's been a tough decision to make, but when I look at the big picture, it's the right one. Those are usually the hardest, huh? This post is about shoes. About a year ago, I ventured into new territory, after my shoe clips became a big hit with people and decided to do the whole shebang. Why not the entire shoe? I have great success with this and horrible nightmares with it. Believe it or not, this is probably the most stressful part of my business. I, honestly don't know how shoe salespeople do it. 

The good points would be, they're pretty, they're popular, shoes are a girls best friend, therefore will always be in style and they're shoes! The bad points are, shoe sizes can be a pain in the rump. If they don't fit, a customer isn't happy. Thankfully, I've offered an exchange policy, which has helped. They are, at times, delayed in shipments. Except for during the Christmas season and one design last Spring, each shoe is made to order, which means that even the shoe, is not carried in my shop. They're custom ordered. This has become a problem and a huge headache for myself, as well as shipping team. I only did the shoes for periods of time, last year and I started getting emails, convo's through etsy and on FB that everybody wanted more shoes. This seemed like a grand idea, especially right after a "sold out" holiday shoe design and another extremely popular design last summer. Well, I granted that wish, although where did all the "we want more shoes" people go? Ha! I've analyzed this from different points of view. My solution is this:

As of Saturday, June 4th, my entire shoe collection, except for one design, possibly two (excluding The Wedding Shoe) will be discontinued. My Shoe Collection will only carry 1 or 2 designs at a time, and possibly not even throughout the entire year. This will be a LIMITED TIME ONLY design, depending on the season and holiday. This will give customers an opportunity to purchase, keep my team and I sane and all the "we want more shoes" people, missed out, I guess : (

PLEASE NOTE:


Our Shoe Candy Collection will still be available. A lot of the designs that you see on our shoes, are available as shoe clips. Just not the shoe.


What's making the cut?


Pierre and Polly

The Wedding Shoe

What's not making the cut?

Vintage Love Song

Moroccan Sunset

Once Upon a Time

Romeo and Juliet

The Duchess

Evelyn's Spring



If you're wanting any of the above, I wouldn't hesitate. I will be unlisting them after Saturday. I will offer 10% OFF each design, except for the designs that continue to be carried. Make sure to check back periodically for new LIMITED TIME ONLY designs. 

PS. Don't cry. There's still time to give them a good home.

Charity
@
Dainty Button
xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment