Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Spring Sale


How is everyone? Wow, it's been awhile since I've had a chance to blog. Maybe, you're happy about this. Haha! Well, I've been promising this post on my fb fan page for about 4 days now, and I'm just now getting around to it. The last two weeks of my life have been absolutely insane. A lot of good was accomplished but, still busy nonetheless. Our church does a HUGE Easter event every year that I brainstormed 5 years ago with our Kids Ministry team. Since, then it's become a huge community event and very successful. I'm so honored that I can help lead such an amazing outreach event. We call this event Easter in the Park. We provide egg hunts, huge inflatables, face painting, giveaways to needy families, etc. It's such a great time and a wonderful way of giving back to the community. And fun too! We had over 1,000 attend this year! Our biggest year, ever! Here's a few shots of this event.


Lining up for the egg hunt.





Me and my, not so cooperative, niece.



Isn't the the coolest inflatable slide?! 

And this is how I spent my Easter weekend. And of course, a beautiful Easter service at my home church, Abounding Grace at San Francisco, with my family. I hope yours was wonderful!

This week, I took a lil' mini vacay and enjoyed out of state company. Such a fabulous week, but lots of catching up to do! 

So, the purpose of the blog is about the upcoming sale, so I will quit babbling and get down to business.

Spring Sale


I am asked, often, when I'll be having a sale or if I have sales. Yes, I do have sales. Although, after a year plus, in owning my own business and learning the art (still learning) of running a business, sales unfortunately, do not come as often as they used to. I love sales, myself and I do my best to price my merchandise as reasonably as possible. I love bargains, just as much as the next person. I do my best to offer great deals, but in the meantime, I also have to eat. Ha! I offer sales during the holidays, special discounts throughout the year and I have two large sales a year, outside of the Christmas season. The Spring Sale and Christmas in July SALES. These are two opportunities to purchase Dainty Button at great prices. Normally, I offer 50% off, on most but not all, my merchandise. If you happen to see a sale throughout the year with discounts, TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT! I can't offer sales all the time, so when I do, it's something to definitely jump on! : )

The truth about previous sales:


Last year, I threw our Christmas in July SALE and it was wonderful. For the customers. LOL! No, it was great for us too, but the truth is, I only had one individual helping me and we ran over a month late on orders, resulting in some very upset customers. A couple things that a lot of individuals do not know when purchasing handmade, original items.

They are HANDMADE, FOR YOU.


This means, that items are not normally made until you order them. They are original, one of a kind, pieces. I'm not Nordstrom, Macy's, Target, your local Claire's, etc., where it's just sitting on a shelf. It takes a lot of time and detail to make my pieces. I do happen to have some pieces in stock, but a lot of times, it's made to order. Therefore, during last year's sale, with over 100 orders, some averaging 10-15 pieces, per order, it almost killed me. Seriously. This is one reason why I don't have large sales, all the time. Without sounding rude, when items are made to order, sales, don't really benefit a business. So, here are a few changes I'm making to this year's first big sale and hopefully, it will benefit everyone.

1. Items will not be shipped out until 7-10 business days AFTER purchased. 


2. My shop will close for the day, once orders become excessive.


Yes, we are capable, but we are also human. LOL!


3. Not all items will be on sale.


80% of my items will be discounted, some at 50% off, but not all. There are some items in my shop that, unfortunately, I cannot offer that large of a discount. This is the first time I've done this, but on Tuesday, May 3rd, I will release the list of inventory that will be on sale. If there is an item that IS NOT on the inventory list, that means that it will not be on sale.

So, when is the sale?


Monday, May 9th 
7 AM to 8 PM (PST)


A couple, important things to keep in mind:


1. There will only be a certain amount of inventory in some pieces. If you don't see it in the shop, it's not available, any longer.


2. My shop will be closed, Saturday, May 7th at 10 AM (PST) until Monday, May 8th when the sale begins, at 7 AM (PST).


3. Discounts will already be taken, hence the reason for the above mention of my shop being closed, as we prepare for the sale.


4. THERE ARE NO EXCHANGES OR REFUNDS ON SALE ITEMS.


5. If you place items in your shopping cart, confirm order, but do not follow through with payment, it will result in negative feedback on etsy and future purchases will be prohibited. The reason for this is, it costs a fee every time we list or relist an item, on etsy. If you confirm an order but do not follow through with payment, that results in fees for us. PLEASE BE CAUTIOUS AND COURTEOUS WHEN PLACING AN ORDER. 


I hope none of the above details and rules come across as harsh or rude. I'm taking pre-cautionary measures, so you, as a customer, and my team and I will benefit from this wonderful event.

I hope you join us on Monday, May 9th, as we host our Spring Sale!


xoxo
Charity @ Dainty Button



No comments:

Post a Comment