Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It's a Wrap

The Wrap. Everyone likes it, but has no idea what to do with it. So, here it is. An entire blog dedicated to this accessory piece.

I created this accessory piece last year, a few months into the beginning of Dainty Button. My inspiration was a scene out of "The Notebook". I love retro, circa 1940's-50's accessories. My mind went to work and I came up with what I call the "It's a Wrap" Collection. The first few I made were pretty raw, but surprisingly customers were actually buying them. I later perfected this accessory piece, with a sewing machine and they began selling like crazy. So many ladies love them, think they're pretty at a glance but aren't brave enough to wear them. Why? Well, for one, many don't know HOW to wear them. This accessory is probably the most versatile accessory I've seen to date. It serves many purposes and can be worn so many different ways. I hope by the end of this blog, it'll give you a boost of confidence. 

Fun fact about the "It's a Wrap":

It can be worn as a hair accessory or...



Yes, a belt. They're cute with a lil' tee during the spring/summer or on a dress for church, a wedding or just out and about. They pizazz up your outfit and what's even better? The jersey knit that each "It's a Wrap" is handmade in, is super comfy. It won't cut your circulation off, like so many other belts. Trendy and comfy. What's better than that?

As a hair accessory, the "It's a Wrap" has endless possibilities. 


The style, I like to call, "The Hippie". This particular style is fun and geared more for the younger crowd. Of course, not exclusive to "the younger crowd" : )

Another "hair down" style that might be geared more for the "play it safe" woman...




Hair down, the "It's a Wrap" behind the ears is a trendy and sophisticated way to wear this accessory. 

Additional tip: The "It's a Wrap" also looks good with a side braid (not pictured).

Hair up, this accessory piece can be worn may different ways.


A simple twist in the back is a great way to wear the "It's a Wrap". This hairstyle that tends to be more on the "simple" side, can be spiced up with a fun wrap. 


The "ponytail". Oh, how I love the "ponytail". A hairstyle I find myself in on most days. This hairstyle is adorable with the "It's a Wrap". A high or low ponytail looks great with this accessory piece.



Ok, I'll admit. I have "bedhead" most days. My family and friends have come to accept it. It possibly could be the fact that I live in San Francisco and the style here is more laidback or it could be I just like to wear my hair a little "messy". So, when you see this style, don't be alarmed. Piled up on your head can be a "neat" pile or more like mine..."messy" : ) Either way, the "It's a Wrap" looks just darling with your hair up. 

Like, I said, the "It's a Wrap" Collection is quite versatile. It's Dainty Button's most popular piece and trust me, once you buy one, you'll want one in every style. Try it. They won't bite.

Dainty Button's etsy shop has over 20 styles in the "It's a Wrap" Collection. A couple tidbits about the "It's a Wrap".

1. Washable - Handwash in cold water, hang dry
2. Petals dying? Blow dry on low to "resurrect" the blossom.
3. Wrinkled? Iron on low heat to get the wrinkles out of the jersey knit.
4. Comfy, comfy, comfy!

Dainty Button "It's a Wrap" are also available for newborns, infants and children...

http://www.etsy.com/listing/59056916/cocoa-bella-infants-little-girls


You know you want one!

Enjoy!

Charity @ Dainty Button

~xoxo





5 comments:

  1. I've worn mine as a belt! Plus with my hair down, up, with the wrap pushed back or on my forehead. It never fails to get compliments! Love the 3 I own! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wraps are probably my favorite of yours. I have 6 or 7 and wear them often. Thanks for the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the idea of wearing these as a belt! Never considered that. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never thought about wearing it as a belt! I actually won a wrap in one of your contest and thats the only reason I had one at first. Until I wore it! Love it and just ordered my second one ;) Quickly become a new favorite!

    ReplyDelete