Monday, July 23, 2012

Let's get crafty!

Let's talk about crafts, shall we? I'm a very crafty person. I was raised with a crafty mom and I adore doing crafts, which would explain my business. I love DIY projects and I'm pretty good at looking at something and going home and doing it on my own. I would rather do it on my own, anyways. It's a talent, I guess you could say. And there are some that don't have a crafty bone in their body. I have a few friends like that and it's a disaster when they're helping me do something. It's ok, they admit to it. I have lost count of how many customers, intrigued, curious, and nosy (it's ok, most of us are) people have asked how we make our accessories at Dainty Button. When I was first asked this, I would just stay mum and say "thank you." I felt like I would be letting out a huge secret and punished for it, somehow. I'm weird, I know. But the more we've expanded at Dainty Button, the more I've come to realize that it's fun to share ideas. I love getting new ideas and I'm sure you do too. So, that being said, I'm going to announce something that we think is really exciting and I hope you like it as much as we think you will.

Last week, we were cleaning out our supply cabinets and was amazed at how much we had accumulated over the span of 2.5 years. I'm not sure if any of you participated but we had a big crafter's sale on FB and it was such a success. Leave it to me to start brainstorming. My mind never quits. I started thinking back to previous conversation's with friends and family, emails from young girls, women and even other businesses about our production process, etc. And I realized that I want to share what we do here at Dainty Button. You have the crafters that love to make things on their own and even resale them and you have the non-crafters that would not go within 10 feet of a glue gun. So, why not offer the best of both worlds to our customers, right? We started off as an accessories business and have taken a little break, so to speak, but this week we are launching new accessories and trying to get back in a groove, after many customers have contacted us and frankly, we really miss it. But with launching new accessories, which we will always have available, we are launching...

The Krafter's Kloset

This will officially launch on Friday, July 27th in our etsy shop Dainty Button etsy and our website Dainty Button. This will be a place where crafter's and even other accessory businesses can purchase crafting and accessory making supplies at a really great price. Here's what you can look for...

Fabrics
Buttons
Notions
Trims
Lace
Pre-Cut Felt Flowers (made with our European wool felt in a ridiculous amount of colors)
Rosettes

We're bringing it to you! We thought we'd give you a little idea of what will be offered and you can actually purchase these items today...

Rosettes in a Bag



And last but certainly not least. 

Headband in a Bag

So, my business partner and best friend (one in the same) and I were just throwing ideas around and she asked me why don't I do a "headband in a bag." Genius, right! There's been several occasions where we've gotten customers who wanted a custom made headband or maybe something altered on a headband in our etsy shop or website. Well, this is having your cake and eating it too, so to speak. Just don't eat the headband. We're introducing "headband in a bag." What is it?


This is our first one, so more options will be available soon. 

1. Blank headband
2. Pre-cut unglued/unattached European wool felt flowers
3. Buttons/notions
4. Trims, lace, etc.
5. European wool felt pre-cut leaves

These items will differ and alter, depending on what designs we offer. This is allowing you to put your headband together as you please, but with our designs. You can purchase the one pictured now in our etsy shop...





We're really excited about this and hope all of you crafters will be able to get some good use out of what we offer. Check back on this Friday, July 27th for the complete selection of crafting and accessory making supplies. Until then, cheers!

Charity and DB Team

1 comment:

  1. Now everyone have to concentrate on quality instead of quantity and create unique and readable content instead of publishing same content in many places to get rankings.
    Kızlık zarı
    Genital estetik

    ReplyDelete